Preaching the Gospel of the coming Kingdom
Finding the Kingdom of God within you is your work that God sent you here to accomplish. You also must help others find their way back. Yeshua sent us to preach the gospel so others can know the way and the truth. We can live in the light and not in darkness. The good news is that Yeshua paid our sin penalty. So we can return to the Kingdom by repenting: rejecting sin. Yeshua’s death on Calvary allows us this privilege for those who hear, obey and repent.
Faith and Works
This takes work on our part. Yeshua did His. We must do our part–like James said faith without works is dead: useless. So again we must hate sin with all our mind, body and soul fully cognizant that sin only leads to suffering and death–no escape for those who choose this route. We must learn to strive wholeheartedly knowing within ourselves the futility of a life of sin to live according to the will, voice, and commands of God. That’s the key to discovering the Kingdom of Yahweh in our midst.
Knowing a magical God
How many of us seek eternal life and wish to know that Yahweh accepts us now? Well you can know. We need to know God for ourselves–keeping in mind all the words of the prophets, Yeshua and family/friends. Like scientist, we must start investigating these truths. We must run our own experiments and test God’s words.
Its only in searching and trusting God that we become awed by His sudden presence right in our midst. God who is Spirit shows up and makes His presence known to us.
Others may or may not believe us. We can always tell them to run their own inquiry and see the results for themselves.
That’s what I’m saying to you friends who lack these encounters with the living God, run your own experiment and discover what others have discovered: a magical God in our midst right under our very nose. Most times we do not sense God because we do not look for Him and obey Him.
Obeying the voice of God is crucial
We lack a personal relationship with God. We, however, would like to know how to attain this relationship. We haven’t seen a burning bush like Moses nor heard the voice of God speaking from the midst of the fire. We haven’t walked on water with Yeshua like Peter. We neither were stricken and heard the voice of Yeshua on the road to Damascus like the apostle Paul.
How can we get these same supernatural experiences today like so many we read and hear about in the Bible? These experiences generally come (when we search for the truth and for Him). We gradually develop a personal relationship with Yahweh via spiritual investigations–via a profound desire to know God.
Pray and think
In addition, you must think often and ask questions. For instance, “How did Yeshua connect with Yahweh? What did he do? How can we learn from Him? Why did He choose to fast? How can fasting help my spiritual growth?” He is our model that we ought to follow. We must learn to trust in God like Yeshua and the prophets. We will find Him when we obey Him and seek Him daily through prayer.
Let’s look at some Bible verses that offer us some insight and direction. These verses will help to lead us on our journey from sinful living, to a repentant heart and to everlasting life in the Kingdom of God.
It really isn’t complicated, you just need to know what steps to take and take them. When you learn the truth, the truth will indeed set you free–let’s begin.
True Repentance and Baptism–Step 1
1. [Godly] sorrow that is in accord with the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but worldly sorrow [the hopeless sorrow of those who do not believe] produces death. (2 Corinthians 7:10 Amplified Bible)
2. “As for me, I baptize you with water because of [your] repentance [that is, because you are willing to change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret your sin and live a changed life], but He (the Messiah) who is coming after me is mightier [more powerful, more noble] than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to remove [even as His slave]; He will baptize you [who truly repent] with the Holy Spirit and [you who remain unrepentant] with fire (judgment). (Matthew 3:11)
Oswald Chambers wrote the following:
“Have I ever come to a place in my experience where I can say–“I indeed–but He?” Until that moment does come, I will never know what the baptism of the Holy Ghost means. I indeed am at an end, I cannot do a thing but He begins just there— He does the things no one else can ever do. Am I prepared for His coming? Jesus cannot come as long as there is anything in the way either of goodness or badness. When He comes, am I prepared for Him to drag into the light every wrong thing I have done? It is just there that He comes. Wherever I know I am unclean, He will put His feet; wherever I think I am clean, He will withdraw them.” (My Utmost For His Highest, Discovery House Publishers, August 22) I’d recommend you get this book My Utmost For His Highest–it will give you the insights that will help you strengthen your spiritual walk with God.
I added a few quotes from Oswald Chambers from the book The Utmost for His Highest because his writings helped me to understand more of the words of the Bible. This strengthened my understanding and relationship with Yahweh.
3. But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also. (Matthew 6:33)
“Jesus is saying that the great care of life is to put the relationship to God first, and everything else second.” states Oswald Chambers.
I hope to attain eternal life in the Kingdom with Yahweh. I aim to live in a perfect place filled with beautiful things and riches beyond my wildest imagination. Everlasting life with Yahweh is a place of joy and love and real freedom from sin, sorrow and suffering–and might I add death. My dream of heaven made this clear.
How do we get eternal life? Let us continue.
Consecrated to Yahweh–Step 2
4. Consecrate means to make holy or to dedicate to a higher purpose.
Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [that is, separate you from profane and vulgar things, make you pure and whole and undamaged—consecrated to Him—set apart for His purpose]; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept complete and [be found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful and absolutely trustworthy is He who is calling you [to Himself for your salvation], and He will do it [He will fulfill His call by making you holy, guarding you, watching over you, and protecting you as His own]. ( I Thessalonians 5:23-24)
5. Brothers and sisters, pray for us. ( I Thessalonians 5:25)
We all need others to pray for us, especially, facing spiritual assaults from the enemy.
Christianity Misunderstood by Believers–listen to (or read the book) The Kingdom of God is Within You by Leo Tolstoy
6. So then let us not sleep [in spiritual indifference] as the rest [of the world does], but let us keep wide awake [alert and cautious] and let us be sober [self-controlled, calm, and wise]. (I Thessalonians 5:6)
7. Rejoice always and delight in your faith; be unceasing and persistent in prayer; in every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench [subdue, or be unresponsive to the working and guidance of] the [Holy] Spirit. Do not scorn or reject gifts of prophecy or prophecies [spoken revelations—words of instruction or exhortation or warning]. But test all things carefully [so you can recognize what is good]. Hold firmly to that which is good. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-21)
Fellow Citizens with the Holy Ones–Step 3
8. When you pray and seek God with all your heart, mind and soul, God shows up and speaks to your heart, mind and soul within you. You learn that once the Holy Spirit is given to you by God, you have The Kingdom of God within you.
“So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones, and of the household of God,” states Ephesians 2:19 (Hebrew Names Version).
A citizen is a member of a state or kingdom or a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from it. Yahweh will protect you. You are citizens of the the heavenly kingdom of God.
Paul says in Ephesians 2:16-22 the following:
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Yahweh lives in you; therefore, The Kingdom of God is found within you.
Luke the physician wrote in Luke 17:21 “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”
Luke warns us in Luke 21:8 saying there will be many false teachers and preachers preaching and teaching in the name of Jesus, but Luke says the following regarding these deceptive teachers:
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not…(Matthew 24:23-28).
And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: (Mark 13:21)
Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Look, there!’ don’t believe it. (Mark 13:21 HNV)
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Romans 14:17)
God wanted everyone, not just Jews, to know this rich and glorious secret inside and out, regardless of their background, regardless of their religious standing. The mystery in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, therefore you can look forward to sharing in God’s glory. It’s that simple. That is the substance of our Message. (Colossians 1:27 Message Bible)
heal anyone who is sick, and tell them, ‘God’s kingdom is right on your doorstep!’ (Luke 10:9 MSG)
“When you enter a town and are not received, go out in the street and say, ‘The only thing we got from you is the dirt on our feet, and we’re giving it back. Did you have any idea that God’s kingdom was right on your doorstep?’…” (Luke 10:10-11 MSG)
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. (Matthew 12:28 KJV)
“But if it’s by God’s power that I am sending the evil spirits packing, then God’s kingdom is here for sure.” (Matthew 12:28 MSG)
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John 1:26)
John answered them, “I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know, (John 1:26 English Standard Version)
Please comment on one or more of the following questions below (this will encourage my ministry—thank you):
1) How have you helped others discover the Kingdom of God within them?
2) How did the Holy Spirit play a role?
3) How do you keep yourself from burning out preaching the gospel?
4) What did you like and/or dislike about this article so I can improve to help others?
5) Do you have a question you’d like me to address?
6) Please share you’re prayer request so everyone reading can see and pray for you.
7) If you knew God was listening and sees you, what would you ask Him or tell Him? Why?