The Cause of High Blood Pressure
What’s causing your blood pressure to rise?
How does blood pressure medication cause the very problem it is suppose to fix?
Drugs like Lasix and water pills remove lots of water from your body. What else does it remove? Potassium is thrown out: the very mineral your body needs to maintain your blood pressure. When the potassium is low, your blood pressure increases. Then you take one of those blood pressure pills to remove the water along with the potassium. The viscous cycle continues.
Let Food Be Your Medicine
What foods are high in potassium and how much should you consume per day?
Your body needs 4,700 mg of potassium per day according to AARP and fewer than 2% of us achieve the recommended standard–It Isn’t Just About Lowering Your Sodium Intake.
- Beet Greens–1309 mg or 37% of daily recommended levels
- Spinach and other greens
- Avocado–mash with salt and black pepper and place in a tortilla for breakfast or between two pieces of whole wheat toast for any time of the day–a whole avocado contains 975 mg of potassium.
- Vegetables such as beets and broccoli
- Sunflower seeds
- raisins–one cup packed has 1,361 mg of potassium
- Brown and wild rice
- Whole-wheat bread and pasta
- “Kidney beans are a great source of potassium, with more than 600 mg per cup,” says Frances Laargeman-Rott, RDN (a best selling author), black beans, lima beans, pinto beans, lentils, soybeans and other legumes. You can mash with salt and black pepper and put in a tortilla for breakfast with eggs: Belizean style.
- Tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and tomato paste
- Winter Squash
- Yam–1,224 mg of potassium or 35% of daily recommended
- Whole potatoes with the skin, such as sweet potatoe can provide 20% of your daily needs–high in vitamin C, vitamin B6, iron and fiber (especially in the skin)–Top 7 Foods High in Potassium.
- Wild Salmon (500 mg in a 3 ounce piece), Rockfish (Red Snapper), tuna and halibut–Fish
- Dried fruits such as apricots and prunes can provide 1/3 or 1,500 mg of your daily recommended level–Top 7 Foods High in Potassium.
- Bananas–400 my in one banana along with fiber, Vitamin B6 and C.
- coriander seeds
Potassium helps to regulate the fluids in your body and maintain homeostasis, impact muscle function, gastrointestinal functions, cardiac and healthy tissue development, stimulate the liver to push waste out the body, waste removal, decrease risk for osteoporosis, kidney stones, oxygenates the brain and help to maintain your nervous system–Top 7 Foods High in Potassium and Foods High In Potassium. People, however, with kidney problems should avoid eating too much foods with high potassium.
Potassium with the help of your kidneys removes extra salt from your body via your urine excretion. This helps to reduce your blood pressure. In addition, potassium causes the relaxation of your blood vessel walls. This helps to diminish high blood pressure, which can help to prevent heart problems. Potassium is good for your heart–Potassium Rich Foods.
Also, potassium helps your muscles flex and contract to maintain good muscle health. Your nerves depend on potassium to function well–Potassium Rich Foods.
Symptoms of Low Potassium
- Lower blood sugar resulting in headache, weakness, constant sweating, nervousness, and trembling–Foods High In Potassium.
- Muscle cramps are a common sign of low potassium levels in the blood–simple solution consume a banana a day
- Impacts electrical conductivity in the brain impacting learning and memory–serious health problems like epilepsy often influenced by insufficient potassium levels–Foods High In Potassium.
- Affects proper fluid balance or homeostasis within the trillions of cells in our bodies.
- Diminished bone health and muscle tissue growth–potassium functions to alkalize acid within the body creating neutralization. Thus preserving calcium for both improving bone durability and strength–Foods High In Potassium
- Instability of blood sugar level and blood pressure–potassium reverses the problem and brings about homeostasis within the body.
- Heart disease and kidney disorders–potassium creates homeostasis within heart and kidney for proper function.
- Diminished Nervous System–Potassium can increase electrolytes for homeostasis within the nervous system boosting the efficiency of nerve reflexes in transmitting messages throughout the body.
If you want to find the solution to your high blood pressure problem, start studying what I wrote here and do some further research on your own. Create a plan to increase your potassium intake and reduce your sodium intake. True freedom comes when God’s people learn to free themselves from pharmaceuticals and allow food to be their medicine as God intended.
Revelation 22:2 It flowed down the center of the main street. On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations. Bible verses about medicine
Isaiah 38:21 Isaiah had said to Hezekiah’s servants, “Make an ointment from figs and spread it over the boil, and Hezekiah will recover.” Bible verses about medicine
Luke 10:33-34 Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him.
Numerous Scientific Investigations Show Simple Ways to Lower High Blood Pressure
- Loss Weight
- Reduce Sodium (Na+)
- Increase Potassium (K+)
- Increase both Calcium (Ca2+) and Magnesium (Mg2+)
- Restrict alcohol
- Restrict Caffeine
- Increase fiber
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables
- Increase exercise (Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program For Fast and Sustained Weight Loss by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. page 187)