God wants His people to think big, positive and forward-looking thoughts despite the threat of Covid-19. We serve a God that knows what we need before we do. God will lead us to a book, give us words in our ears, direct our eyesight so that we know the way we ought to go.
For instance, I stood by my tall bookshelf in my office. I asked God in the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of God’s Holy Spirit to direct me to a book I should choose that He has message for me–waving my hand up and down and around. My index finger, at the end of this prayer landed on the book called The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D. This is one of my favorite books to browse through.
Next, I asked God to point me to a particular passage relevant to me in a part of the book turning in the name of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit once again. [I always tell God where by pinky finger lands using my right hand is where I will know He is directing me.] Well I came to this previously highlighted section in the book underlined in blue ink below:
Big thinkers are specialist in creating positive, forward-looking, optimistic pictures in their own minds and in the minds of others. To think big, we must use words and phrases that produce big, positive mental images. (The Magic of Thinking Big, David J. Schwartz, Ph.D., 2nd paragraph page 79)
That’s a very good reminder particularly since I am looking to transition in my life. Sometimes a fear of the unknown and change holds us back from taking calculated risk. This was a word of confirmation and a definite blessing knowing the direction I feel God is leading me towards!
Always remember, God wants His people to think positive and big! How can you get advice from God? Here are my seven step plan that help me hear a word in season from God below:
- We need to obey God’s commands to us. Do you reward your children with gifts and blessings when they disobey you or when they obey your every word?
- We need to spend time in God’s word daily (reading the Bible) so we know what He has to say to us.
- We need to pray and ask God’s Holy Spirit to especially direct our day and our life as well as the life of those we love: family and friends.
- We must trust God no matter how bad a situation in our life looks and remind ourselves that all things work together for good for those who trust (love) the Lord.
- We need to ask God questions and wait for Him to answer knowing He will hear and answer our prayers.
- We most certainly ought to believe that God hears us, and will answer us.
- The most important thing is to maintain a relationship with God! Then you know that you can depend on Him to give you advice and direct your life when you urgently need His guidance the most.
This is a simple testimony. This inspires and gives me joy in pursuing all my dreams knowing God is helping me to succeed despite the real threat of Covid-19!