What is truth? Is truth absolute?
Truth is Yahweh’s Ten Commandments. Truth is anything that’s not a lie or untrue. Truth is just true. What’s not true is not truth.
My dictionary says truth is the quality or state of being true: he had to accept the truth of her accusation.
-(also the truth) that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality: tell me the truth/she found out the truth about him.
-a fact or belief that is accepted as true: the emergence of scientific truths/the fundamental truths about mankind.
Discussing the matter further with a Bible scholar led to the notes below to help shed some light on what exactly is truth for those who wonder:
- Whatever Yahweh says is truth.
- Yeshua died for you, and He is going to be your judge–now that’s truth!
- Anything red in the Bible in the four gospels is truth; whatever Yeshua spoke is truth.
- Whatever Yahweh spoke is truth.
- Romans 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” This is true and is truth.
- Yeshua says my word is truth. John 17:17 says, “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
- Matthew 24:35 states, “Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
- John 5:24 says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” Believe is the key, and this is truth.
- It comes back to Jesus (Yeshua)–everything in red is truth to make it simple. The church doesn’t put emphasis on Jesus (Yeshua). Peter and Paul have some differences.
- Mark 8:38 says, “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.“
- Romans 1:16 says, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.“
- Romans 2:16 says, “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” How are you going to be judged? God judges the sectrets of men according to His gospel.
- Ephesians 1:12-13 says, “That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”If you don’t believe the gospel, you don’t have God’s Holy Spirit. Trust in Christ after you hear the gospel of truth.
- Men shall not live by bread alone but by every word that procedeth out of the mouth of Yahweh–see Deuteronomy 4. Yahweh spoke the Ten Commandments out of His mouth.